“The difference in winning & losing is most often, not quitting.”
1. Max your 401(k) or equivalent employee contribution.
2. Buy inexpensive, well-diversified mutual funds such as Vanguard Target 20xx funds.
3. Never buy or sell an individual security. The person on the other side of the table knows more than you do about this stuff.
4. Save 20% of your money.
5. Pay your credit card balance in full every month.
6. Maximize tax-advantaged savings vehicles like Roth, SEP and 529 accounts.
7. Pay attention to fees. Avoid actively managed funds.
8. Make financial advisors commit to the fiduciary standard.
9. Promote social insurance programs to help people when things go wrong.
"Adolescence is the time when children suddenly feel responsible for answering the phone."
"If at first you don't succeed, do it the way she told you."
"A compliment may be blunt, but criticism calls for courtesy."
"Prosperity is something created by businessmen for politicians to take credit for."
"Modern styles – buckle shoes, loafers, moccasins. A man can earn his Ph.D. without learning to tie his shoelace."
Inspired by this Codepen.